Thursday, October 30, 2008

Book Review: Design Handbook (concepts-materials-styles)


Just a month ago I went to a local bookstore...while I was just browsing the shelves my eye was attracted by this book.
You may ask your selfs why?
Well it was the title (concepts-materials-styles) that suggested this was not another of those taschen books that simply shows products...but it felt it was something more.
In fact the authors picked the major and most important (to them I think) concepts, materials and styles in the history of design analyzing them one by one. In a few words is more like a design history book to learn something new and to refresh the things we already know (thing that I think it could be useful sometimes).
The topics are arranged in alphabetical order, which I find amusing because you will not find a list of all concepts or materials or styles but, wile reading, from one day to another you will jump from one group to another without being bored.
The price was nice too...just 7euro here in Greece.
Thats all...I'll recommend it!!

Book Info:
DESIGN HANDBOOK: Concepts,Materials,Styles (Icons) - Paperback,Illustrated
by Charlotte & Peter Fiell
ISBN 3-8228-4633-3

Buy online (my choice):
amazon.co.uk (sends in Greece)
amazon.com



No comments: